In accordance with the Ministry of Health “Proof of Vaccination Guidance” (Ontario Regulation 364.20, Section 2.1 of Schedule 1), please be advised that effective Wednesday, September 22, 2021, all individuals wishing to access the following Township of Chatsworth recreation facilities and indoor meeting and event spaces will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) along with identification:
- Keady Community Centre
- Desboro Community Centre
- Walters Falls Hall
- Williamsford Community Centre
Individuals not providing the required proof will not be permitted to attend their program or visit the facility.
Acceptable identification includes:
- Birth certificate Driver’s license
- Passport Permanent Resident Card
- Government issued identification card including health card
- Indian Status Card/Indigenous Membership Card
The following individuals are currently exempted from these requirements:
- Children under 12 years of age;
- Individuals under 18 years of age who are entering the indoor premises of a facility used for sport and recreation fitness activities solely for the purpose of participating in an organized sport in accordance with guidance published by the Ministry of Health on its website for the purposes of this provision. This applies to training, practices, games, and competitions including sports leagues and organized pick-up sports.
- A medical exemption in accordance with the Provincial Regulation which includes identification and a written document from a qualified person as per the Regulation.
- Proof of vaccination (or proof of being entitled to an exemption) is not required for workers or volunteers, including coaches and officials.
For additional information, please see the attached Requirements for Patrons in Indoor Sport and Recreation Fitness Facilities.
To obtain a vaccination receipt, individuals can download or print their vaccine report from the provincial booking portal at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900.
The Township will continue to follow provincial guidelines surrounding physical distancing, face coverings and limitations on gatherings and patron contact screening and tracing.
For information on vaccines or to find out about vaccine appointments, visit Grey Bruce Public Health website at https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/COVID-19/Vaccines or call them at 1-800-263-3456.
For further information contact:
Chief Administrative Officer
Phone: 519-794-3232 ext. 124
Click here to view the PDF version.
Requirements for Patrons in Indoor Sport and Recreation Fitness Facilities