Township of Chatsworth is committed to creating an accessible online environment for all visitors to our website. If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of our website, please contact:
Avenue A Advertising
Our website makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of website accessibility for our users. These include:
- An accessibility plugin that provides options for colour, contrast, font size, underlined links, and movement settings.
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- Any image used on our web site will contain a textual description that will be read out loud within your screen reader.
- Link text or phrases have been written to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our web site use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our web site easier and more consistent.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of our web site. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible to the user.
- All web pages use headings to create a proper document structure, which can be used by some screen readers.
- We sometimes provide content in PDF format only. We are working towards reducing our dependence on PDFs for use on our website.
- Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information in an accessible format (for example, our mapping information). We will be monitoring these sections, and develop an accessible solution as technology improves.