July 25, 2020
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Household hazardous waste days allow for the safe and proper disposal of hazardous substances.
The City of Owen Sound hosts disposal days 8 times per year at the City of Owen Sound Public Works Facility, Household Hazardous Waste Depot located at 1900 20th Street East, Owen Sound.
Through an agreement with the City this service is open to all Township of Chatsworth residents and allows residents to safely, and environmentally responsibly, dispose of hazardous waste.
This year’s dates are:
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 – Cancelled Due to Covid19
- Saturday, May 23, 2020 – Cancelled Due to Covid19
- Saturday, June 20, 2020 – Cancelled Due to Covid19
- Saturday, July 11, 2020 – Tentatively Rescheduled to Saturday July 25, 2020
- Saturday, August 15, 2020
- Saturday, September 12, 2020
- Saturday, October 3, 2020
- Saturday, October 24, 2020
Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00p.m.
Hazardous Waste is items such as:
- prescription drugs
- miscellaneous organics (caulking, glues, drywall compounds, varnish, etcetera)
- fluorescent bulb/tubes
- used cooking oil.
Please visit the City of Owen Sound’s hazardous materials list for a more complete listing.
Prescription and Over the Counter Medication
- The Health Products Stewardship Association operates programs locally through participating pharmacies to collect these products.
- Visit your local participating pharmacy to return these products. Find the one nearest you by visiting www.healthsteward.ca or by downloading the Recyclepedia App on your device.
- Pharmaceuticals/medications/prescription drugs and medical sharps are household hazardous waste and should not be placed in the regular garbage collection.