Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

A to Z Services

Below is an alphabetic listing of all services provided by the Township.



The Township is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible community. We continue to implement the legislated requirements set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Township also maintains an Accessibility Plan and an Accessible Standards for Accessibility Policy and Feedback Form.

The Clerks Department provides Commissioning of Oaths services for a fee. Our office will commission documents such as Declaration of Vehicle Transfers and General Affidavits. In order to have a document commissioned all parties required to sign the document must be present and must provide valid photo identification.  Please be advised that the Commissioner is not responsible for the content of the affidavit. It is the responsibility of the person whose signature is being commissioned. You must understand not only the details to which you will attest and but also to their correctness.

Animal Control ensures a safe and healthy environment for both residents and animals in our Municipality.  Township by-laws prohibit livestock and dogs from running at large.  For any animal control concerns please contact the Animal Control Officer  at 519-373-1000.

View the Animal Control page for more information.

The Township issues a variety of certificates, licences and permits which will require an application form. The type of certificate, licence or permit will determine the user fees and application process. Some of the activities that require licences within the Township are:

Application Forms




The Township has a variety of halls, meeting rooms, parks, playgrounds and sporting facilities that are available for public use. You can also book or rent these facilities to host a private event, wedding, banquet, family reunion, or sporting event.

For more information, please visit the Recreation page.


The Township of Chatsworth is committed to securing required products and services offering the best overall value to the Corporation and residents. To achieve this objective, while simultaneously providing all vendors with a time/cost saving mechanism to view and bid on our tenders/requests for quotation opportunities, we will be partnering with

For current procurement opportunities visit our Bids and Tenders page.

The Province of Ontario issues birth certificates. For more information on birth certificates, please visit the Service Ontario website.

The Township’s Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions including property tax billing, water billings, accounts payable and receivable, banking, financial reports to Provincial and Federal governments, funding requests, municipal budget and financial strategies.

It is the Township’s responsibility to prepare a budget for Council’s approval that meets the needs of the community and ensures that all of our initiatives and priorities are addressed. Each year, staff will present a budget that consists of total operating and capital expenditures for the upcoming year to Council for their consideration and approval. This presentation is usually over the course of 1-3 meetings, including a Public Meeting. At this time, members of the public are welcome to attend and provide input.

For more information, please visit the Budgets and Financial Statements page.

The Township’s Building and Planning Departments manage building and planning matters, including:

  • Building Inspections
  • Construction, Renovation or Demolition
  • Development Charges
  • Ontario Building Code
  • Site Plan Approval Process
  • Zoning

For more information, please visit the Building Services page.

By-law Enforcement is responsible for enforcing Township By-laws to ensure a safe, quiet and enjoyable community for all residents. Our By-law Enforcement Officer investigates noise complaints, property standards issues, parking and other matters. The By-law Enforcement Officer requires a written complaint with contact information for follow-up or, depending on the nature of the offence, to provide evidence and/or to appear as a witness in any court proceeding pertaining to the complaint made. If you would like to make an official inquiry or complaint, please complete the Complaint Form.

To contact the By-Law Officer, please phone 519-794-3232 ext. 811.

By-laws are created as a way to address issues and concerns of the community. They are created to protect the environment, public health, safety and to maintain a pleasant community for everyone. Popular By-laws can be found under the Frequently Requested By-laws section.


The Township is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment and employment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.

Click here for any current opportunities.

The Township has thirty one (31) cemeteries some of which are owned, operated and maintained by us and some that are owned, operated and maintained by others.

Click here for a listing of Township and Privately Operated Cemeteries and Contacts

Desboro Arena

136205 Grey Road 40, Desboro, ON, N0H 1K0, CA



Keady Community Centre

116931 Grey Road 3, Tara, Ontario N0H 2N0



Williamsford Community Centre

112 Salter St, Williamsford, ON N0H 2V0



Walters Falls Community Centre

104 Church St., Walters Falls, Ontario N0H 2S0



Chatsworth Ball Diamond

5 Toronto Sydenham Street


Holland Centre Ball Diamond


680208 30 Sideroad

Monday — Friday
8:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.

316837 Highway 6, RR 1
Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
N0H 1G0

Phone: 519-794-3232
Fax: 519-794-4499

Staff Directory

Department Directory

2022-2026 Township of Chatsworth Council

2022-2026 Council Members; Left to Right: Councillor Peter Whitten, Deputy Mayor Terry Mckay, Mayor Scott Mackey, Councillor Elizabeth Thompson, Councillor Shawn Greig

For more information, including Council agendas, minutes and contact details, please visit our Council page.

Township of Chatsworth regular Council Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month commencing at 9:00 a.m. and the third Wednesday of each month commencing at 6:30 p.m.

Those wishing to appear as a delegation are required to submit a Request to Appear as Delegation form to the Clerk.

To download and view council agendas and minutes, please visit the Council page.


The Province of Ontario issues death certificates through the Office of the Registrar General. For more information on death certificates, please visit the ServiceOntario website.

If you have a concern or need a decision of Council on a particular matter, you have the right to appear as a delegation at a meeting with Council to discuss your concerns.

To appear as a delegation of Council or provide information for inclusion with a Council Agenda, please note the following:

  • You will be required to notify the Municipal Clerk, no later than 4:00 p.m. the Wednesday prior to the regular Council meeting.
  • Those wishing to appear as a delegation are required to submit a Request to Appear as Delegation form to the Clerk and provide a written submission identifying the subject matter and the general nature of the request.  Presentation documents are required for inclusion of the Council agenda. Through the completion of the delegation request form, information provided will assist to confirm that a time slot is available and has been reserved for a specific date and item.
  • Delegations are limited to a maximum of ten minutes.

The Township has many departments that work together to support our residents and business owners.

Please visit the Departments page for the full list.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact the Township at 519-794-3232.

If you are planning to dig, build or excavate, it is important that you locate all of your utility lines first. In fact, under Ontario regulations, it is the law. To have municipal infrastructure located, please contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to register your locate request.

All dogs are required to have a Dog Tag to help identify your pet and return it safely home.

No more than three dogs per property are permitted, unless you are a kennel operator, licensed by the Township.

In 2024, permanent dog tags will be issued to all registered dogs in the Township. From 2025 forward all registered dog owners will receive their annual invoice by mail and dogs will be required to wear their permanent tag.

If you no longer have a dog previously licensed, please contact the Township Office to update our information.

For more information, please visit the Animal Control page.

If you wish to make a one-time donation to any of the projects that are currently happening at the Township of Chatsworth, please complete our donation form. If you wish to set up a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP), please complete both pages of the donation form. Forms can be dropped off at the Township of Chatsworth municipal office, or emailed to


The Township is home to numerous schools governed by the Bluewater District School Board and the Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board.  Two elementary schools are physically present in the Township; Holland Chatsworth Central School and Sullivan Community School.

Municipal Elections are held every four years on the fourth Monday of October in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. The last municipal election was held on Monday, October 24, 2022. The next municipal election will be held Monday, October 26, 2026.

Provincial Elections are run by Elections Ontario. For information about upcoming Provincial Elections in Ontario please visit the Elections Ontario website.

Federal Elections are run by Elections Canada. For information about upcoming Federal Elections in Canada please visit the Elections Canada website.

Disasters come in many forms. Identified community risks are Critical Infrastructure Failures, Hazardous Materials Releases and Severe Storms including windstorms, snowstorm/blizzards and lightning storms. As a result the Township could be subject to a chemical release from a transportation accident or a long term hydro outage caused by an ice storm.

For most people, the possibility of being involved in a disaster may seem remote. The Federal and Provincial governments clearly state that each individual is responsible for his or her safety, and the well-being of their family.

The Township has been involved in emergency planning for years and is prepared to meet the challenges posed by disasters. In partnership with local first responders, health organizations, social services, utilities and volunteer groups, the Township constantly strives to improve its level of preparedness.

The Township has an Emergency Plan which has been formally adopted by Township Council. Emergency management initiatives are overseen by the Emergency Control Group.

The Emergency Control Group is responsible for emergency management issues. These would include mitigation, planning, response and recovery. This group would also deal with the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada if the situation warranted.

The Township’s Emergency Management Coordinator is the Fire Chief.

Please visit the Emergency Preparedness page for more information.

The Township is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment and employment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.

Click here for any current opportunities.


The Line Fences Act is a provincial statue which governs the procedure used in a dispute regarding a line fence. The Clerk of the local municipality in which the lands are located is responsible for administering the arbitration procedure. The Guide to the Line Fences Act assists residents in understanding the act. Another helpful resource is the dealing with escaped livestock in your community guide. Please contact the Clerks Department if you have a question regarding the Line Fences Act or are in a dispute over a line fence in the Township.

The Finance Department is responsible for the overall management of corporate finances as directed by Council, along with providing accurate financial information to facilitate the decision-making needs of Council and senior management. Functions of the Finance Department include taxes, water billing, asset management, bids and tenders, tax sales, budget and financial statement reporting.

Please visit the Property Information and Taxes page, or the Budgets and Financial Statements page for more information.

The Township of Chatsworth Fire Department provides emergency response in a variety of disciplines as stated in the Establishing & Regulating By-law 2014-23. The Fire Department takes great pride in protecting the community from fire, life-threatening emergencies and dangerous conditions. They also provide fire and safety education through a variety of public education programs. Their team includes a part-time Fire Chief and 22 dedicated volunteer firefighters from within our community.

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Smoke Alarms – Protect yourself and your family.

  •  Install smoke alarms – it´s the law.
  • Smoke alarms save lives.  Most fatal fires occur at night when people are asleep.
  • One smoke alarm is not enough.  Install smoke alarms on every level of your home near sleeping areas.
  • Test your smoke alarm regularly.  Every week, test your smoke alarms using the alarm test button.
  • Change your clock, change your battery.  Install a new battery of the proper type at least once a year. We change our clocks each spring and fall so this is a good time to change your smoke alarm batteries too.
  • Smoke alarms do not last forever.  Smoke alarms do wear out, so if you think your alarms are more than 10 years old, replace them with new ones.
  • Plan your escape.  Make sure that everyone knows the sound of the smoke alarm and what to do if a fire occurs.
  • Under the Ontario Fire Code, every home in Ontario is required to have working smoke alarms.
  • Homeowners must ensure that smoke alarms are installed between sleeping and living areas. They are also required to maintain the smoke alarms in working order.
  • In rental accommodations, the obligation to install and maintain smoke alarms in operating condition falls to the landlord. Landlords must also provide smoke alarm maintenance information to the occupant of each unit.
  • It is an offence for any person to disable a smoke alarm.  This requirement applies equally to homeowners, landlords and tenants.
  • Failure to comply with the smoke alarm requirements of the Fire Code can result in a $200.00 fine.

Carbon Monoxide (CO), often called the silent killer, is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels burn incompletely. Extremely high levels of poisoning can be fatal, causing death within minutes.

Install CO alarms inside your home to provide early warning of carbon monoxide.

CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home and in other locations where required by applicable laws, codes or standards. For the best protection, interconnect all CO alarms throughout the home. When one sounds, they all sound.

  • Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for placement and mounting height.
  • Combination smoke and CO alarms must be installed in accordance with requirements for smoke alarms.
  • Choose a CO alarm that has the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
  • Test CO alarms at least once a month; replace them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  • If the audible trouble signal sounds, check for low batteries. If the battery is low, replace it. If it still sounds, call the fire department.
  • Have fuel-burning heating equipment and chimneys inspected by a professional every year before cold weather sets in.
  • When using a fireplace, open the flue for adequate ventilation.
  • Never use your oven to heat your home.
  • If you need to warm a vehicle, remove it from the garage immediately after starting it. Do not run a vehicle or other fueled engine or motor indoors, even if garage doors are open. Make sure the exhaust pipe of a running vehicle is not covered with snow.
  • During and after a snowstorm, make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove, and fireplace are clear of snow build-up.
  • A generator should be used in a well-ventilated location outdoors away from windows, doors and vent openings.
  • Only use barbecue grills — which can produce CO — outside.
  • Use battery-powered lights in tents, trailers and motor homes and motor boats.
  • If the CO alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door. Make sure everyone inside the home is accounted for. Call for help from a fresh air location and stay there until emergency personnel arrives to assist you.
  • CO alarms are not substitutes for smoke alarms.

Open Air Burning

Open Air Burn Permits are required for fires over one-meter square (1m2) as per the Township of Chatsworth Open Air Burning By-law 2016-07. Applications for Open Air Burn Permits can be obtained here, at the Township Municipal Office, the Township of Chatsworth Fire Station or by emailing

Fire Safety Inspections

To request a Fire Safety Inspection for either residential or commercial properties, please contact the Fire Department at 519-794-3188 or email . There may be a fee for the inspection depending on the type of Fire Safety Inspection requested, please refer to Schedule “E” of our Fees and Charges By-law for more details.

Green Flashing Lights

When you see the Green Flashing lights on vehicles, our Volunteer Firefighters are responding to an emergency call. PLEASE give them the right-of-way, pull to the right of the road and allow them to pass safely.

The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) states that an individual has a right to access certain information kept by a municipality, and that a municipality must protect the personal and proprietary information in its custody. MFIPPA contains mandatory and discretionary exemptions that a municipality may use to limit the disclosure of certain records, to ensure that privacy is protected. These exemptions only apply in specific instances, and will determine how much information is provided in response to a request made under MFIPPA.

Most of the time, a formal request for information under the Act is not required to access information from the Township of Chatsworth. Many records are available online or by contacting the department responsible for the records. If you would like to access any records held by the Township of Chatsworth, please contact the Clerks Department.

Freedom of Information Request

If a Freedom of Information (FOI) request is required, please follow these steps:

Please Note: A $5 application fee stipulated by the Act must accompany the form in order to initiate the FOI request. The application fee may be paid either by cash, cheque, or by debit. Cheques should be payable to the “Township of Chatsworth.”


In addition to the $5 application fee, the municipality is permitted under MFIPPA legislation to charge the following fees:

  • $7.50 per 15 minutes of time spent searching for, retrieving and preparing a record for disclosure. This includes the time to sever any part of the record in accordance with the exemptions under the Act.
  • Other fees may be charged depending on the nature of the request. The FOI coordinator will apprise you in advance of what these fees are in accordance with the Act.

Response Timeframe

The Township has 30 calendar days (including weekends and statutory holidays), from the date we receive your request and application fee, to respond to your FOI request.


Garbage is collected every other week by Waste Management on behalf of the Township.

Residents of the former Holland Township (East of Highway 6) will receive pick up on every other Tuesday. Collection for former Sullivan Township and Village of Chatsworth (West of Highway 6) will receive pick up on the alternate Tuesdays.

Residents may set out as many bags as they desire, however all bags MUST be tagged. 

Garbage tags may be purchased at the Township office or at the following various bag tag locations throughout the Township:

  • 6 & 10 Convenience
  • Desboro General Store
  • Esso Gas Station in Chatsworth
  • Williamsford General Store
  • Holland Centre Gas Bar

The Township does not guarantee time of pick up by our contractors and therefore, garbage bags must be at the curb on the day of pick-up by 6:00 a.m. in a clearly visible area. Garbage and recycling must be placed on the following roadside:  Township Roads – Mailbox side. Provincial, County and Townline Roads – End of driveway.

For more information, please visit the Recycling, Diversion and Waste page.


Household hazardous waste days allow for the safe and proper disposal of hazardous substances.

The City of Owen Sound hosts disposal days 8 times per year at the City of Owen Sound Public Works Facility, Household Hazardous Waste Depot located at 1900 20th Street East, Owen Sound.

Through an agreement with the City this service is open to all Township of Chatsworth residents and allows residents to safely, and environmentally responsibly, dispose of hazardous waste.

All residents attending the Household Hazardous Waste facility must bring valid ID indicating their home address.  Attendees must also complete the Hazardous Waste Form here.

The dates for 2024 are:

  • Saturday April 20, 2024
  • Saturday May 11, 2024
  • Saturday June 15, 2024
  • Saturday July 13, 2024
  • Saturday August 17, 2024
  • Saturday September 14, 2024
  • Saturday October 5, 2024
  • Saturday October 19, 2024

Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00p.m.

Please visit the Recycling, Diversion and Waste page for more information.

Prescription and Over the Counter Medication

  • The Health Products Stewardship Association operates programs locally through participating pharmacies to collect these products.
  • Visit your local participating pharmacy to return these products.  Find the one nearest you by visiting or by downloading the Recyclepedia App on your device.
  • Pharmaceuticals/medications/prescription drugs and medical sharps are household hazardous waste and should not be placed in the regular garbage collection.


Council appointed Principles Integrity to act as its Integrity Commissioner.
Principles Integrity provides accountability services for municipal boards, committees, and members of council.

Responsibilities of the Integrity Commissioner
Integrity Commissioners act as an independent resource. Their role is to:

  • Keep officials aware of the requirements of the Code of Conduct for Council, Committees and Local Boards
  • Respond to requests from members of Council, Committees and Local Boards for advice regarding their obligations and compliance
  • Conduct inquiries and investigations into alleged contraventions of the Code, make decisions and recommend penalties
  • Report annually to Council on the activities of the office

Contact Principles Integrity at:
30 Haddon Street, Toronto, ON M5M 3M9
Attention: Jeffrey A. Abrams and Janice Atwood-Petkovski
Phone: 647-259-8697


The Township of Chatsworth is committed to ensuring that we extend the life of our waste disposal sites as long as possible. We are committed to a greener Township and are working towards that goal in all of our operations. There are two landfill sites located within our municipality, which are available to all Township of Chatsworth residents:

Markdale Landfill (775557 Highway 10)
Hours of Operation Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*As of June 2024, this location will be closed on Mondays New Hours as of June, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday 

Sullivan Landfill (702320 Sideroad 5)
Summer (Apr 1 – Oct 31)
Mondays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Winter (Nov 1–Mar 31)
Mondays from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Note: Open every Monday including holidays with the exception of Christmas Day

Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library
824 1st Ave West, Owen Sound

Walter Harris Memorial Library
75 Walker St, Markdale

The Order in Council provides municipalities with licensing authority for:

The municipality may attach terms and conditions to a licence, in addition to those established by the province, provided that they do not conflict with provincial Terms and Conditions or policies.


The Clerk’s Office issues marriage licences for couples wishing to be married in Ontario. To apply:

  1. complete an application;
  2. have it signed by both parties;
  3. have one or both applicants bring it to the Clerk’s Office (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday);
  4. provide identification
  5. pay the licence fee of $150


Visit our News page to stay up to date with what is happening at the Township of Chatsworth.


The Ontario Ombudsman promotes fairness, accountability and transparency in the public sector by investigating public complaints and systemic issues within his jurisdiction. If you have already tried to resolve your problem with the Township’s complaint procedures and are not satisfied you have the right to proceed with your complaint through the Ontario Ombudsman

The Council Agenda includes an Open Forum. Open Forum allows for comments from the public relating to matters appearing on the agenda.  The first fifteen (15) minutes of any regular Council meeting will be set aside for Open Forum.

The “Open Forum Register” shall be made available 15 minutes prior to the Council meeting for sign up and collected by the Clerk or Deputy Clerk.  Members of the public are required to sign the register prior to the beginning of the meeting which allows them the opportunity to speak and also acknowledges they understand the protocol for Open Forum. No individual may speak more than once at any meeting, and no individual shall speak longer than three (3) minutes.


The purpose of land use planning is to manage our land and resources. As communities grow and develop, Planning Professionals work to ensure that communities are safe, functional, attractive, and economically sustainable. Land use planning considers and works to balance the broader interests of a community, from the rural outskirts to the urban downtown core. Land use planning is governed by the principles of good planning and by Provincial, upper-tier, and local policy. Land use planning processes are legislated by the Ontario Planning Act.

Please visit the Planning page for more information.

Permits offered by the Township of Chatsworth are listed below:

If you have any questions, please call 519-794-3232.

The Township contracts Police Services with the Ontario Provincial Police. For emergencies contact 9-1-1. The local OPP detachment is located at:

Grey County OPP
317057 6 & 10 Hwy,
RR 2, P.O. Box 307
Chatsworth, Ontario N0H 1G0
Phone: 519-794-7827
Fax: 519-794-3966

Please visit the Police Services Board page for more information.

The Township’s Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions within the Township of Chatsworth, including property taxes.

For more information, please visit the Property Information and Taxes page.

The Township is responsible for new construction, reconstruction and ongoing maintenance of Township owned roads and sidewalks. Our Public Works Department works hard to prioritize the safety of all residents and visitors on this network. This is done by regularly patrolling roads, streets and public parking lots year-round. The Township’s Public Works Department provides a variety of services to the community including:

  • Issuing Entrance Permits
  • Managing Infrastructure issues and concerns
  • Maintaining parks and recreation facilities
  • Maintaining roads and sidewalks
  • Providing snow removal and winter maintenance

Please visit the Roads and Sidewalks page for more information.

Click here to view the Township of Chatsworth’s public notices.


Recycling is collected bi-weekly on the same schedule as your garbage collection.  Recyclables must be placed on the following roadside:

Township Roads – Mailbox side
Provincial, County and Townline Roads – End of Driveway


  • DO recycle all empty plastic bottles, cans, paper and cardboard.
  • DO keep foods and liquids out of recycling.
  • DO keep plastic bags out of recycling.


  • DON’T include food-soiled items-they can turn an entire load of recycling into trash.
  • DON’T add sharp or dangerous materials like needles and electronics – they can cause injury to our workers.
  • DON’T toss in “tanglers” like rubber hoses and wires – they can shut down an entire recycling center!
  • DON’T include bulky items like propane tanks or construction debris.

The Township is responsible for new construction, reconstruction and ongoing maintenance of Township owned roads and sidewalks. The Township’s Public Works Department provides a variety of services to the community including:

  • Maintaining roads and sidewalks
  • Providing snow removal and winter maintenance
  • Managing Infrastructure issues and concerns
  • Maintaining parks and recreation facilities

For more information, please visit the Roads and Sidewalks page.


The Township is home to numerous schools governed by the Bluewater District School Board and the Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board.  Two elementary schools are physically present in the Township.

Bluewater District School Board Administration Office
351 1st Avenue North
Chesley, Ontario N0G 1L0

Holland Chatsworth Central School
777346  Highway 10
Holland Centre, ON

Sullivan Community School
136285 Grey Road 40
Desboro ON

Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board Administration Office
799 16th Avenue
Hanover, Ontario N4N 3A1

The Township of Chatsworth falls within the Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region Plan that took effect in July of 2016. This plan helps to keep your water safe and clean and help you to keep chemicals, bacteria and other pollutants out of your drinking water.

People undertaking certain activities, such as home heating, oil storage or septic systems, in the most vulnerable wellhead protection areas (zones around municipal wells) are required to take measures to ensure they are doing what they need to do to protect drinking water.

Persons or Organizations hosting Special Events on municipal property must receive written approval from the Township prior to hosting such events by completing and submitting a Special Events Application Form 60 days prior to the date of the Special Event.  Persons or Organizations serving liquor at such Special Events must be licensed in accordance with the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO).  See your local LCBO store for the required application forms.  Further questions can be directed to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) at 1-800-522-2876.


The Township’s Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions within the Township of Chatsworth, including property taxes.

For more information, please visit the Property Information and Taxes page.

For a full list of trails in our area, please click here to be transferred to the Forests and Trails page on the County of Grey’s website.


Electricity, natural gas, water, telephone, and internet connectivity make our lives more comfortable. Services such as water are delivered by the Township to water users on the Chatsworth and Walters Falls Water Systems, while others are delivered by private enterprise.


Volunteers are vital to a community like the Township of Chatsworth! Volunteers help run various committees and events throughout our community. For municipal volunteer opportunities please check for listings on the Employment Section of our web page.


The Township of Chatsworth has two municipal residential drinking water systems servicing the Village of Chatsworth and Hamlet of Walters Falls. The Township is responsible for providing and maintaining a safe supply of high quality drinking water that meets all applicable regulations and legislation. The Township contracts the operation and maintenance of the municipal water systems to the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA).

The Roads Department is responsible for winter maintenance on municipal roads and sidewalks. Crews work diligently to clear snow and ice quickly, in accordance with the Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways, O. Reg. 239/02.

Pushing snow across roads and streets is not only a safety hazard it is also against the law.  The Ontario Highway Traffic Act states:  No person shall deposit snow or ice on a roadway without permission in writing to do so from the Ministry or the road authority responsible for the maintenance of the road. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 181

For more information, please visit the Roads and Sidewalks page.


The Township is governed by a Comprehensive Zoning By-law which sets out the permitted uses on a property. All new buildings or additions (even if a building permit is not required) must comply with the Zoning By-law and the County of Grey Official Plan.

Please visit the Planning page for more information.

Back to top