The Importance of 6:00 a.m. Curbside Garbage Collection and Recycling
The Township Garbage and Recycling Contractors complete routes beginning at 6:00 a.m., however routing changes that could affect collection times can often occur for a number of reasons; including but not limited to weather, road closures and vehicle breakdowns. If items are not curbside by 6:00 a.m. the Township cannot guarantee collection.
Residents may set out as many garbage bags as they desire, however only one bag may be untagged. All additional bags must be tagged. Commercial and industrial users will be entitled to three untagged bags. All additional bags must be tagged.
Garbage and recycling must be clearly visible and placed as follows:
- Township Roads – Mailbox side
- Provincial, County and Townline Roads – End of driveway
Maximum bag size is 26″x36″ and must not exceed 22 kilograms per bag.
Garbage boxes or bins must have a visible marker to indicate “full” or “empty”.
Garbage tags may be purchased at the Township Municipal Office or at various retail locations throughout the Township at a cost of $2.50 per bag tag:
- Variety Plus Convenience Store, Chatsworth
- 6 & 10 Convenience, Chatsworth
- Esso Gas Station, Chatsworth
- Williamsford General Store, Williamsford
- Holland Centre Gas Bar, Holland Centre